The Cajubraz community has 12 families who represent the decedents of the first families that came to the region and found the community Santo Antônio.
Around the year 1850, the first 3 families arrived in the region from Rio Grande do Norte, known as Capuchins due to their very white skin, the Elias family and the Oscar family, there was a route where people moved towards the cities of Redenção and Canindé, in this place it was the only place that had an eye of water even with salt water that served for animals.
In the 1880s, a large house and a mill and a dam were built, a work carried out by the slaves. Everything that was produced by the mill (rapadura, honey from mills and flour) was taken to the region of Baturite and exchanged for other goods, the slaves took the production on foot or on animals when they had to return with other goods that were used for families’ subsistence.
In 1888, with the abolition of slaves, they all left for the region of Baturité and Redenção, which was the first city in Ceará to abolish their slaves.
With the decrease in labor and water scarcity because before they had to get water about 9km, the families separated and occupied other areas of land closer to the Pirangir River and Riacho do Feijão.
From the 1930s and 1940s the route of people towards the city of Canindé intensified mainly during the pilgrimage period to São Francisco and some families later came to live thus forming the communities of Boa Água today district of the city of Morada Nova and Cajubras.